We are looking for Festival Volunteers to support the fantastic outdoor arts programme at Re/action Festival on 26 and 27 August. You will have the chance to join in on our brand-new festival and experience our event delivery from an exciting inside perspective.
Together with Leicester City Council and De Montfort University, we’re celebrating Creativity for the Climate, focusing on people and communities coming together to create small changes that add up to make a big difference.
On the Bank Holiday weekend, our festival will bring the streets of Leicester to life with world-class performances, installations, exhibitions and creative activities across the city centre and all for free. We will explore how to create small changes that add up to make a big difference with marvellous work by artists who address the climate emergency, share their skills, offer workshops in repurposing/reusing, and celebrate Leicester’s diversity.
We’re looking for motivated volunteers to support us in the delivery of Re/action Festival this summer.
If you’re looking to gain some experience in festival and event delivery or you just want to support a project in your local community, then join us as a volunteer. You will be able to shadow our team of professionals and carry out a range of different tasks that you feel able to take on. No previous festival experience is required, but you will gain valuable skills and memories to build on.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out this form here: Contact Form
Dates and Times: (We are in particular need of volunteers for Saturday 26 August)
Training Session: Wednesday 23 August 6.00pm-8.00pm
Festival Preparation: Friday 25 August 11.00am-4.00pm
Festival Shift: Saturday 26 August 2023: 10.30am–6.00pm
Festival Shift: Sunday 27 August 2023: 11.00am–6.00pm
What you can expect:
- Shifts will be for a few hours at a time where you will support different members of the team as they prepare for and deliver the festival.
- You will visit different event sites and talk to artists and venue managers and get feedback or take action as necessary.
- You may have to spend some time outdoors and could be on your feet for several hours.
- You may be required to talk to members of the public and answer questions about the festival.
What we are looking for:
Please apply if you have:
- A keen interest in delivering community and/or cultural events.
- Confidence in dealing with members of the public and audiences.
- A flexible approach and willingness to take on a range of different tasks as and when required.
- Commitment to equality and diversity.
Are you interested in learning more about how to get involved?
If you want to know more or have any questions, send us an email to email@example.com or give us a phone call at 01162 616 882.
To apply, please fill out this form to leave us your contact details here: Contact Form
Additional access information:
We are committed to enabling access to our events and opportunities for everyone irrespective of background, socio-economic status, gender, ethnicity, disability status, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. We will endeavour to make all reasonable adjustments to ensure that you are able to participate and take part in the event. If you have any access requirements that you would like us to be aware of ahead of attending your first session, please email Lisa@artreach.org.uk or call 0116 261 6882. We have a designated access budget to support any additional needs for attendees, staff, volunteers and artists.