We’re looking for motivated volunteers to support us in the delivery of Journeys Festival International this summer.
If you’re looking to gain some experience in festival and event delivery or you just want to support a project in your local community, then join us as a volunteer at Journeys Festival International. You will be able to shadow our team of professionals and carry out a range of different tasks that you feel able to take on. No previous festival experience is required, but you will gain valuable skills and memories to build on.
This is a voluntary position and we will reimburse out-of-pocket expenses incurred whilst supporting the festival.
What you can expect:
- Shifts will be for a few hours at a time where you will support different members of the team as they prepare for and deliver the festival.
- You will visit different installation sites and talk to artists and venue managers and get feedback or take action as necessary.
- You may have to spend some time outdoors and could be on your feet for several hours.
- You may be required to talk to members of the public and answer questions about the festival.
What we are looking for:
Please do apply if you have:
- A keen interest in delivering community and/or cultural events.
- Confidence in dealing with members of the public and audiences.
- A flexible approach and willingness to take on a range of different tasks as and when required.
- The willingness to travel and to work at weekends and in the evenings as required.
- Commitment to equality and diversity.
Dates and Times
Friday 12 August 2022: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Saturday 13 August 2022: 11.00am – 10.30pm
Sunday 14 August 2022: 11.00am – 10.30pm
Shift times will be agreed prior to contracting, breaks will be given throughout the shift
How to apply
To apply, please tell us about you, your skills and experience and why you are interested in the role in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also provide the details of two referees (these can be work-based or educational references).
Deadline to apply: 5pm, 15 July 2022
Additional access information:
We are committed to enabling access to our events and opportunities for everyone irrespective of background, socio-economic status, gender, ethnicity, disability status, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. We will endeavour to make all reasonable adjustments to ensure that you are able to participate and take part in the event. If you would like to speak to someone about the role in more detail or you have any access requirements that you would like us to be aware of ahead of attending your first session, please email Lisa@artreach.org.uk or call 0116 261 6882. We have a designated access budget to support any additional needs for attendees, staff, volunteers and artists.