We are looking for Festival Ambassadors to join us over 3 days to bring an amazing outdoor arts festival to Leicester’s city centre.
Journeys Festival International will make the streets alive with performances and artworks from across the world. The programme ranges from an alternative positive newspaper telling stories of people from Leicester to street theatre, dance, circus, comedy and a spectacular large-scale performance.
Festival Ambassadors are the public face of the festival. As a Festival Ambassador you will be stationed at one of the festival sites, working alongside our events team, production crew, volunteers, security and roaming event and zone managers to support audiences and artists throughout the festival. Responsibilities might include coordinating volunteers, being the artist liaison, supporting technical teams with get ins and get outs, being a main point of contact for a specific performance and/or area of the festival site, communicating with audiences, giving out additional information, supporting the Art Reach Access Coordinator, helping with evaluation and supporting the events team with any other duties as needed.
You will be fully briefed on your role and have opportunities to ask questions and learn about the festival and artists, so you can answer questions from the public about the festival and provide a warm and friendly presence to artists and our audiences. Please be aware that the role will involve lots of time on your feet and be outdoors.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and what relevant skills and experiences you have. Please also provide details of two referees along with your availability to work for the festival between 12 and 14 August 2022.
Send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com by 5.00pm on 15 July 2022.
Interviews will take place on 28 and 29 July. All candidates will be informed whether they have been invited to be interviewed by 22 July.
Rate of Pay
£10 per hour
Dates and Times
Friday 12 August 2022: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Saturday 13 August 2022: 11.00am – 10.30pm
Sunday 14 August 2022: 11.00am – 10.30pm
Shift times will be agreed prior to contracting, breaks will be given throughout the shift
What we are looking for
Please apply if you have:
- Experience of working on festivals, events, performances or similar roles.
- A keen interest in delivering community and/or cultural events.
- Confidence in dealing with members of the public and audiences.
- Flexible approach and willingness to take on a range of different tasks as and when required.
- Willingness to work at weekends and in the evenings as required.
- Experience in supporting the delivery of arts festivals and projects e.g. venue liaison, working with artists or being a stage assistant.
- Ability to think practically to deliver the needs of events.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A commitment to support Art Reach in achieving equality and diversity in its work and events.
- Knowledge of local arts and cultural organisations and venues in Leicester (would be desirable).